Posted: July 5, 2013 Filed under: Links | Tags: Birthing From Within Whitehorse, childbirth class, Whitehorse doulas, Whitehorse midwives, Whitehorse prenatal classes
It is a great honor for me to support women and their families through the great journey of pregnancy to parenthood. Childbirth is a powerful, transformative experience that has the potential to impact one’s life forever.
~Jo Lukawitski, Birth Mentor and Doula
Birthing classes are dynamic, engaging and lively!
Birthing classes are unique; parents prepare for childbirth through: storytelling, lively discussions, visualizations, art, pain coping practices with ice, role play, yoga.
I am currently taking a break from offering private sessions and group sessions. If you are looking for doula support, please contact me for more information.
In your Birthing prenatal classes you will learn how to:
- build confidence in yourself and your partner
- make use of valuable pain coping practices
- provide comfort to the laboring mother
- protect your birth space
- ask questions and make decisions in labor
- fulfill the needs of your growing baby using a sound diet
- recover and plan post-partum
- give birth from within during a Cesarean, while using pain medication, or with medical support
Your Birthing classes will be:
- a balance of practical, useful information and creative, experiential exercises
- personalized to your needs and interests
- not narrowly focused on a particular type of birth
- stimulating, lively discussions and interesting exercises
- learning, not just about birth, but also about yourselves!
Jo Lukawitski – Birthing and Postpartum Mentor