Posted: July 5, 2013 Filed under: Links | Tags: Birthing From Within Whitehorse, childbirth class, Whitehorse doulas, Whitehorse midwives, Whitehorse prenatal classes
It is a great honor for me to support women and their families through the great journey of pregnancy to parenthood. Childbirth is a powerful, transformative experience that has the potential to impact one’s life forever.
~Jo Lukawitski, Birth Mentor and Doula
Our classes are dynamic, engaging and lively!
Birthing From Within classes are unique; we help parents prepare for childbirth through: storytelling, lively discussions, visualizations, art, pain coping practices with ice, role play, yoga.
If these dates don’t work for you, please contact me! Dates are often flexible, and I also offer private sessions.
NEW THIS YEAR – 2 hr classes! Sliding scale cost, pay anywhere between $25-45
Secure your spot by registering.
- Sunday, April 27, 1-3 pm: Making A Birth Plan
Communicate what’s important to you through your birth plan, and discuss the risks and benefits of interventions, treatments and procedures.
- Sunday, May 11, 1-3 pm: Pampering The Mother
Helpful things you can do to make your expecting partner ease into her new body and role as a mother.
- Sunday, June 8, 1-3 pm: Pain Coping Practices
Prepare for the intensity of birth by learning three new pain coping practices.
Full (12 hr) Class Series:
- Weekend intensive: Friday night (6-9:30) & Saturday (10 am – 5:30 pm), March 21 & 22, 2014
- Wednesday nights, 6:30 – 9:30 pm: April 2, 9, 16, 23
- Wednesday nights, 6:30 – 9:30 pm: May 14,21, 28, June 4
Cost per couple: $275
Payments can be made by cheque, email transfer or click below – PayPal will add a $9 service charge
Classes are tentatively to be held at:
403 Lowe Street (White Swan Sanctuary) across from the High Country Inn
In your Birthing prenatal classes you will learn how to:
- build confidence in yourself and your partner
- make use of valuable pain coping practices
- provide comfort to the laboring mother
- protect your birth space
- ask questions and make decisions in labor
- fulfill the needs of your growing baby using a sound diet
- recover and plan post-partum
- give birth from within during a Cesarean, while using pain medication, or with medical support
Your Birthing classes will be:
- a balance of practical, useful information and creative, experiential exercises
- personalized to your needs and interests
- not narrowly focused on a particular type of birth
- stimulating, lively discussions and interesting exercises
- learning, not just about birth, but also about yourselves!
NEW offerings in 2014!
Belly Mapping sessions – connect with me if you are past 36 weeks and would like a belly mapping session. This is a fun way to bond with your baby, discover it’s position, and how that might influence your labor. Sliding scale fee for a 30 min. session $35-$55.
Jo Lukawitski – Birthing From Within © Mentor
This is a Birthing From Within Childbirth Class