Posted: July 5, 2013 Filed under: Links | Tags: Birthing From Within Whitehorse, childbirth class, Whitehorse doulas, Whitehorse midwives, Whitehorse prenatal classes
It is a great honor for me to support women and their families through the great journey of pregnancy to parenthood. Childbirth is a powerful, transformative experience that has the potential to impact one’s life forever.
~Jo Lukawitski, Birth Mentor and Doula
Our classes are dynamic, engaging and lively!
Birthing From Within classes are unique; we help parents prepare for childbirth through: storytelling, lively discussions, visualizations, art, pain coping practices with ice, role play, yoga.
If these dates don’t work for you, please contact me. Dates are often flexible, and I also offer private sessions.
Childbirth Preparation Series: Wednesday nights, 7-9 pm, Nov. 5, 12, 19, 26, Dec 3 & 10. Cost per couple: $250
Birthing Again Series: Wednesday nights, 7-9 pm, Feb. 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2015. Cost per couple $200
Classes are tentatively to be held at:
403 Lowe Street (White Swan Sanctuary) across from the High Country Inn
Parents enrolled in a Birthing From Within Prenatal class will receive a free postpartum visit from me as well as a prenatal Belly Mapping session. This is a fun way to bond with your baby, discover it’s position, and learn how that might influence your labor.
If you are past 36 weeks and would like a belly mapping session, connect with me. Cost: Sliding scale fee for a 30 min. session $35-$55.
In your Birthing prenatal classes you will learn how to:
- build confidence in yourself and your partner
- make use of valuable pain coping practices
- provide comfort to the laboring mother
- protect your birth space
- ask questions and make decisions in labor
- fulfill the needs of your growing baby using a sound diet
- recover and plan post-partum
- give birth from within during a Cesarean, while using pain medication, or with medical support
Your Birthing classes will be:
- a balance of practical, useful information and creative, experiential exercises
- personalized to your needs and interests
- not narrowly focused on a particular type of birth
- stimulating, lively discussions and interesting exercises
- learning, not just about birth, but also about yourselves!
Jo Lukawitski – Birthing From Within © Mentor
This is a Birthing From Within Childbirth Class
Find out more about our Philosophy and Guiding Principals